Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Phone Call to China

I just called the hotel and talked to Erica, Carter and Neesie!! I also heard Clara's voice for the first time!!!! She repeated after her mommy "say bye bye". She has the SWEETEST voice!!!

I asked "What is your favorite thing in China?" He said "I can tell you the worst. It was flying on the plane for 16 hours."

They just got back from breakfast a little while ago. Carter had American food (Corn Flakes and raisins). YouYou had noodles. She also drank some formula from a sippy cup. This is the first time she has been willing to drink formula since she has been with her new family. Last night everyone slept well. Erica said that YouYou cried out a couple of times throughout the night, but otherwise slept.

Today they get to take it easy until 3 pm when they meet their guide, Rebecca, to go to the police station to get a picture made for the birth certificate and/or passport. After that Rebecca is going to take Neesie on the subway and go to the library. Can you belive that Neesie gets to go to the library in China?!? Wow!!

Tomorrow (their Thursday) they are going to go sightseeing.

Out of the blue YouYou called Erica "Mommy". She also said "Thank You" without even being prompted. She learns so quickly from her big brothers.

She weighs 9 KG which is 19 pounds. She always wakes up happy. She likes to put on lotion. This morning she let Erica file her nails. Later today, they are going to go to the hotel playroom. Clara loves to play hide & seek with the boys. She says "Where ge ge (big brother)" When she sneezes she says "AAHHCHEEE" She is quadralingual. She speaks some Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakon (a local dialect that even Rebecca doesn't speak), and now English. She loves her mommy, daddy and her big brothers.

Neesie says that YouYou is very inquisitive and likes to see everything new. She has the most beautiful smile and she loves to interact with her brothers. She has already figured out how to open the child proof cap on a medicine bottle. (Isn't she smart??)

Erica and Didi were getting ready to put her hair up into pigtails. Neesie promised to take a picture for us. I also begged Neesie to please try to email me every afternoon / evening as soon as they get back to the hotel. She said that she promises to try. As soon as I get messages, I will post them.

Hollie T. also called China tonight. Unfortunately, she missed Erica both times she called. She did talk to Aaron though. He said he now has to learn how to do hair!! And for the first time ever he put tights a little girl. Isn't that a sweet daddy.

I can't wait for them to get home!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Melisa! I never thought I'd become a blog-stalker, but here I am!
    I am so excited for the whole family.
    I've been meaning to send a special message to Mr. Terry. I'm praying especially for you, knowing that it's hard for you to be so far away. Congratulations on this precious new granddaughter! She will love Papa Cycle just like Carter and Jackson do.
    Keep passing on the info. for us crazed blog-stalkers! :-)
    Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron was so totally cute on the phone!! Erica...I love you and am dying to talk to you but I have to say it was really fun to hear how happy and excited Aaron was!! He just came out with it...."Hollie, I have to do hair"!! Can someone please get a picture of him doing hair? He also seemed very proud that he figured the tights out. Just so you know Aaron...tights are hard for girls to do too!

    I need to report that he was putting tights on YouYou so he could take the kids downstairs so Erica could sleep in!! He is a very sweet husband and dad!! I told him that a little girl really made him look good!!

    (Sorry to go on and on but I want to make sure this gets into the printed version of this blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey missa thnx for the update!!! and also details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Gotta love those new Daddy's of little girls. Syd can melt Alan in a blink!! I am so glad to hear that he's already wrapped around her little finger! Praying for an easy breezy trip from here on....COME HOME!! We want to meet her!

    Love you -
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melisa for the update. I am so excited that she seems to be adjusting so well. God is so good. Hope Jackson is feeling better. Melisa, I am sympathizing with you right now. I know how hard it is to be separated when a new niece/nephew arrives. I know you can't wait to meet her! Love to all of you!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like YouYou will be speaking great southern english in no time! We are glad that everyone is doing good and enjoying their trip; that is until that long flight home. Thanks for the update. Hope Neesie enjoyed her trip to the Library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I just got my unexpected
    china update so I've got to go to work now. Excited for you all!!Havr a good day. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww....how sweet a picture in my mind of a daddy putting on little girl tights for the first time!
    Aaron, don't feel bad when you dress her for church and her outfit is on backwards. It's happened to Rob a million times, so just expect it! ;)

    ReplyDelete