Tuesday, January 13, 2009

YouYou Day 2

Pictures are at the bottom if you want to go ahead and scroll down. I told my mom that I try to post pictures that show all of the emotion because it tends to satisfy the paparazzi :)


I have read through each and every post. You guys are amazing and please know that if I don't respond to something you say it's not because I didn't read it, I'm just trying really hard to be a good mommy to these three children. I know you understand :)


I'm going to just try to recap our day, actually starting w/ last night after I posted the first pictures...


YouYou woke up crying after sleeping for only about 30 minutes. She was pretty much inconsolable until midnight when her little body finally gave over to exhaustion. It was hard, but I know it is a good thing that she is grieving. It means she was securely attached to her foster family and she will be able to attach to us in time. The hardest part was that she was not at all comforted by my words. It seemed like she cried harder when she heard my voice. She slept pretty well through the night, only making a few noises. Then she woke up crying again at 6:30 this morning, but she did go back to sleep in my arms until I had to put her in the bed so that I could get a shower. We finally had to wake her up at 8:40 so that we could eat breakfast before our 9:30 meeting time in the lobby. She woke up with a sweet smile and stuck her little feet up to be kissed (at least that's what I did when she put her little toes on my face :)

She has a healthy appetite! So far the only things she has not liked are M&M's and carrots! It's fun to feed a little one who likes everything :) After breakfast we (me, Aaron, YouYou and Neesie) went back to the Civil Affairs office to finalize the adoption. Didi and Papa stayed with Jackson and Carter back in the room because they said they didn't want to go and do paperwork (can't blame them for that). Please pray for Jackson. He woke up this morning with a fever and we have had to give him Tylenol or Motrin all day to keep it down. So far he has no symptoms other than the fever.


We went to a department store after our paperwork was complete (we were actually one of the last families to get there but one of the first to leave, I think in part to our great guide Rebecca :) One of the other families even commented on it. The dept. store had at least 7 levels, but I believe more. We tried our best to find some shoes to fit YouYou's tiny feet, but it was difficult. We did buy her one pair, and on Sunday Rebecca says we will be able to find more when she takes us shopping. Ooooohhhhh that makes me smile :) I'm not sure I mentioned that we bought her one pair of the shoes at the Carrefour? You'll see them in the pictures of her today. They were only aprox. 6 US dollars! Oh my...I better have Neesie leave some of her clothes here so that we can fit more shoes in our suitcases :)


The plan was for all of us to get a nap today, but YouYou had other ideas. So Aaron took the boys and YouYou out for some play time while I got a nap. I'm thrilled that she likes her Baba, and you guys might melt when you see him holding her! The rest of the day was spent getting to know our sweet little girl. She is very curious, likes to have people clap for her, not too steady on her feet...just perfect.

Bedtime was much easier tonight. She only cried for a few minutes. Praise the Lord!


Some of you have asked about her size...well, she's small!!! The size 12-18 month dresses fit pretty well. I have a pair of 12-18 month adjustable waist pants that also fit pretty well (still a little big in the waist, but manageable if I leave her pullup on...she might just have to wear a pullup anytime I want her to wear pants :) She has NO WAIST, NO HIPS, NO BOTTOM, and when you meet her you will think she is a genius baby because she looks like a 10 month old but acts like a 2 year old!

Until tomorrow...




















29 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my! I might be first today! I was freaking out...in normal fashion...that we hadn't heard from you in a while. I was very comforted though that none of the other "stalkers" were concerned! Thanks ya'll!

    She is still as adorable as yesterday...maybe cuter because of her cute clothes!!

    Gosh...I just want to kiss her! She really looks very happy Erica! You are doing a great job!! Listen...I have a two year old that I have had since he came out of me that still cries his eyes out when I put him to bed at night!!! This is completely normal!!

    Please give her a big squeeze and kiss from me! Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just thrilled for you guys!!!
    Can't wait to see all of you! She is the most precious thing ever!
    We love ya'll and are praying each day get easier and easier.
    Love,
    Heather Yell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention how cute her clothes are? Just wait...I bet she will have plenty more once she gets back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the post!! I am so exited to read what you guys do during the day.

    I am praying that she (and you) will be able to sleep better tonight. And, I'm so glad you got a nap.

    I love the new pictures. She is so cute in that little dress and I love to see her smile. Aaron looks so happy and I love to see her so relaxed when she is sleeping.

    Love and prayers coming your way.
    Missa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went home last night and couldn't wait to get caught up on the blog. I have been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to keep up. Now I'm hooked and even got up this morning before work to see if you had posted anything else. :) Hannah stayed up with me last night to see pictures of Clara. She wanted me to read everything to her concerning your trip so far. She's so excited about her new cousin! :) She said, "I just want to hold her!"

    I love the picture of you and Aaron kissing her! She is so adorable! I know Mom is dying to get her hands on her. :)

    I'm glad that you had a better night. I've been praying and rejoicing since I saw the post yesterday.

    Love you bunches!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, are we taking votes on our favorite picture? Yesterday's favorite of course was the one of Aaron and Erica with You You that Val P did such a great job on! Way to go! Today, the last one of her smiling with the two of you is my favorite, but I love the precious smile in the one just above that. So I'm not sure that I can make a decision today. I love the look on her face! Anyway, Erica, don't worry about all of us (the paparazzi). We love to see the posts and the pictures, but more than anything we want you to have a wonderful time being a mommy to your three! She is so beautiful, Erica, and I am so happy for you! It looks like she is doing absolutely wonderful! I don't think I would be doing as well as it sounds like she is doing! Give her kisses from all of us! Love you!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there, Erica. You remember how difficult Mia's transition was, and you also know how she is now. Just keep telling yourself that this is a good thing when she gets upset. We've all been there.

    I will pray for Jackson. It stinks to be sick away from home.

    Have fun shopping with Rebecca! You will have a great time with her. Tell her we said hi

    The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for posting!

    sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are praying for Jack! I didn't mention that earlier!

    Joie

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way, Mia wouldn't let us lay her down at all to go to sleep. She'd fall asleep standing up and laying her head down on the bed. I think night time is the worst for these little ones. It'll get easier.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Jackson!
    What ADORABLE pictures! Her smile makes me scrunch my nose up! She is so edible! ;)
    Sounds like everything is going smooth and you sound like you were so well prepared for the grieving, etc. Enjoy these first days getting to know little You You...and our prayers are with you!
    Lots of love! And thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am praying for Jackson to feel better and that whatever is bothering him doesn't get passed around. I'm also praying for good sleep for everyone. My vote for favorite picture is Aaron and Clara in the van. I can see the same face Jackson makes when he is secretly happy about something.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are praying for Jackson. Bless his heart, I am sure he is just worn out.

    Erica, she gets cuter every day!! I love the pic of you two kissing her. Just adorable. I love the fact that the shoes are just 6 bucks. Major shopping. Indulge yourself, OK? Buy lots of pink and lots of hairbows and whatever else looks girly!

    GUess what? I got 2 new pics of Lily from another mom. THey are on my blog. I was so happy to see her sweet face.

    HAve you seen Lifeline LIly?? Just wondering..... :)

    I miss you, but I am so glad I get to see you each morning when I wake up. :) Just good ole Clara pics too. Love it.

    Aaron, welcome to the pushover daddy club. Little girls will do it.

    Love you friends,

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pictures just keep getting better and better! Her smile is so beautiful! Everyone looks SO happy! Praying thay everyone gets good sleep and that Jackson will get better! Love y'all!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Guys!! Where did my post go?!! Anyway, I love the pics---she's a little doll!! I've prayed for you so much--and run the time up in my mind so I can try to think of what you might be doing right then! I can only imagine how your heart strings are being pulled. Before you know it, your voice is all she'll want to hear! And hey, extra snuggles at bedtime are ok!! :-) We'll be praying for Jackson to feel better and jump back into the excitement. Enjoy each moment you're sharing as a family on this journey--even the difficult and trying moments will be precious memories when your telling and re-telling this story in the days and years to come!
    Lots of love and prayers...
    The Crane's

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. Every time I read and look at the pictures, I feel like I'm right there with you!!
    We are praising God for all the answered prayers and continuing to ask him for his mercy and grace. Tell Jackson that we love him and hope he feels better. Tell Carter we love him too and to stay well! :-)
    Enjoy all your precious children!
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love , love the pictures and love, love, love reading about everything going on. Oh the memories... Clara is beautiful and you all look so happy. So sorry to hear that Jackson is feeling yukky. We are praying for all of you.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Erica
    She gets more beautiful each time I see her pictures. You can tell she is really happy. The sleeping is the rough part for Ms. Lia also. She loves to be rocked and she wants you to lay right beside her and she puts her arm around me. I cant get enough of her or my other babies.
    Praying that Carter gets feel better. Its so hard for the little ones when they are away from their home and their belongings.
    Tell Aaron these girls will turn Daddy's into mush! Ask Jerry...he has two that do the same to him (haha).
    Give Rebecca a hug and that we miss her. Tell her that Lily especially misses her and is ready to get her nails done again.
    Enjoy your day and we love you guys!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erica, It is so wonderful to see Clara (You You as we knew her) Her eyes remind me of our Clara. We are so thrilled to know she has a family and a family of Faith! Please tell Jenny and everyone at TCH hi from Robby's grandparents. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic!!!!! We are so glad that last night was better and it appears that you had a good day overall. We (I) cannot even imagine the turmoil her little life has had up to this point. Now, she is having to make REALLY BIG adjustments emotionally and mentally as she gets used to all of the strangers that have entered her life and the loss of those she has known.

    Feel assured that we have been and will continue to prayer for all of you.

    Love,

    Eddie and Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. As everyone else, I love the pics. Iknow last night was hard but remember it is to be expected. It is really a good thing. Be comforted by knowing she was well cared for by her foster mom (and dad???). Now that you have Clara I am ready for you to come home!!!! Hope Jack feels better. We love you! She is so pretty and love the cutsie smile.
    Tatum

    ReplyDelete
  21. That second to last picture is killing me! She is such a little cookie!

    I hope Jackson feels better and that things get easier every day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH...I was so glad to get this update!! I've been checking all morning!! You guys are doing great. I'm sorry Jackson is sick. Hopefully the tylenol and motrin will take care of things. I'm so glad you have your parents there to help!! It is SO good that she is having those grieving times. We had a couple of nights like that with Sadie...but overall...that was about it. It seems like YouYou is transitioning beautifully. Does she like to shop? I bet she's going to LOVE getting new clothes!!! She is just so adorable. I love the pic of you and your hubby kissing her. So sweet. Thanks for taking the time for the update!!! Hope you rest well and have a good day tomorrow!!
    Blessings,
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry you guys had a tough night, but I'm sure it will get better! Hang in there!

    The pictures are so cute! It's wonderful to see you with your little girl.

    Hugs!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY!!!!!!!! She is just perfect! I just want to squeeze her!!!! I am so happy for you! Emma and I just said a prayer for Mr. Jackson- I know you are all exhausted, try to rest and just enjoy the moments! It all goes so fast! We are praying for your safe return and that things will be easier with time~

    By the way, I am a total spaz attatck- I was looking for updates on your other blog and finally realized what the travel site was! LOL! Love you!-A

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Erica,
    She just gets cuter in every picture I see! I am so excited to meet her when the time is right!!
    We printed out some pictures and your latest post and put it on the board at church/preschool! I saw Mrs. Benton today and she was all smiles and asking me if I saw the blog. EVERYONE is just so excited for all of you. There is just an excitement in the air that I cannot describe.
    I'll certainly be saying special prayers for Jackson to get better quickly. Tell him I am sorry he missed lunch today at school... he would've loved it. :)
    Keep updating and sending those pictures!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  26. Erica or Neesie - Please check your email.

    Love,
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Erica and everyone In the whole 8 years we've had this computer I have not turned it on a half dozen times and probably havent spent more than 2 dozen minutes "messing" with it -SO- I posted my first comment tonight--just posted on yesterdays date!Charles is laughing at me right now-he can't believe I'm doing this- I told him it took somenon going to China for it to happen. I might just be hooked! love ya. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!!! She is still so adorable. You guys all look so happy which I am sure you are!!!! I cant wait to have her home with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete